Residential and commercial HVAC maintenance and cleaning allows for the removal of gases that pass through the HVAC system and provides a constant flow of oxygen-rich, comfortable, odorless air to the occupants, yet its importance is explicit because some systems accumulate large amounts of debris or particulates and directly affect energy cost.
Where there is air, there is particulate. Therefore, you should clean your air ducts to eliminate certain types of particles and micro-organisms that are directly related to a surprising variety of physical diseases:
- Blood clots in leg veins
- Wheezing in infants
- Clogged arteries
- Heart risks in young adults
- Premature birth
That’s because air passes through an HVAC system and particles gradually accumulate inside the ductwork, fan, fan housing, coils and other parts in contact with the air stream, covering surfaces up to three inches thick or more. However, the good news is that everything could change if properly performed maintenance and cleaning of air conditioning systems.
When should I perform HVAC cleaning and maintenance?
Usually, the home air ducts cleaning in the case of HVAC systems is performed once a year.
This is because it gets dirty with use (internal filter, internal coil, external filter, turbine, etc.), as well as checking the refrigerant gas pressure. If it is low, not only should it be recharged, but more importantly, the system should be checked for leaks. There is no point in inflating a punctured balloon, is there?
One of the main consequences of the lack of home air ducts cleaning, for example, is the loss of performance. Another, and related, is that the equipment starts to freeze. For more on this, read our note on equipment freezing.
It is possible that if it is used excessively (8 or more hours a day), it may be necessary to check it more often and, on the other hand, if it is used very little, you can wait a maximum of 2 years. You should never let more than this time pass to perform the maintenance, since we will be putting the whole device at risk for something that may cost very little money and is very simple to fix.
These are some of the main problems that can have an HVAC
- Equipment without gas due to a leak or a lack of recharge.
- Water flow noise during operation.
- The compressor does not heat. In this case, the owner of the air conditioner says that the equipment has stopped cooling.
- The unit does not turn on.
- The compressor does not start. This is observed because the compressor does not emit any sound, the power supply does not reach the compressor or is insufficient.
- Improper electrical connections. This is usually due to common problems such as a cable that does not fit properly into the socket or poor condition of a pipe.
- Compressor failure.
- Low voltage or incorrect voltage.
- Improper connection.
- Thermal protector other than specified.
Water dripping from the front panel.
- Contamination in the system. Moisture in the system can be due to different cases.
Want to get the best duct cleaning services in Wood Dale, Illinois?
You should contact the services of Fahrenheit Mechanical Inc. We offer a wide variety of solutions to improve the performance of your air, heating, and venting units.
Don’t hesitate any longer and put an end to your HVAC system breakdowns.
Call us at 630-341-3996 or fill out our form and specify your problem.
Addison IL 60101